Ativan Generic is an anti-anxiety medication used to treat panic attacks, neurosis-like conditions and various disorders caused by stress.
The active substance of Ativan Generic has a central muscle relaxant, hypnotic, anxiolytic, sedative, anticonvulsant and antiemetic effects. Ativan Generic is used to treat panic attacks and to reduce anxiety.
According to the instructions, Ativan Generic is not effective if you have hallucinatory, affective disorders. And in the treatment of such psychotic disorders as depression or anxiety associated with it, it is not recommended to use it as the main drug. Long-term use of Ativan Generic can lead to tolerance and a gradual decrease ineffectiveness, as well as the development of drug dependence and addiction.
Ativan Generic should be used for if you have:
• Sleep disorders that are caused by anxiety or a short-term stressful situation;
• Epilepsy and status epilepticus, most often in combination therapy;
• Psychoreactive states and phobias;
• Emotional reactive states;
• Psychosomatic disorders and headaches for respiratory, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and other diseases of the internal organs;
• Endogenous psychoses, including manic and catatonic states, as well as anxiety and agitation in schizophrenia.
Contraindications for using Ativan Generic are:
• Angle-closure glaucoma;
• Myasthenia gravis;
• Alcohol intoxication;
• Intoxication with psychotropic drugs;
• Hypersensitivity to lorazepam or other components of the drug.
Ativan Generic in any dosage form should not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, and during breastfeeding. The drug in the form of tablets can be used starting from 12 years.
Ativan Generic usually prescribed in a daily dose of 2 mg, divided into 3 doses.