Modern rheumatology has achieved great success in the treatment of the most common, socially significant diseases of the musculoskeletal system, primarily of an inflammatory nature.
Arcoxia medicine belongs to the group of highly selective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase-2, has an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Also, it can be used as a febrifuge. It has the most favourable security profile. It is popular in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and helps with the restoration of dental nature after surgical interventions. The therapeutic potential of the drug in the most common chronic rheumatic diseases has been proven by a series of well-organized, large-scale and long-term studies. The medication provides a persistent reduction in the severity of pain, inflammatory activity and improvement of the patient's well-being.
The action of the drug is the ability to inhibit the activity of the enzyme cyclooxygenase-2.
As a consequence, arachidonic acid metabolism is disturbed and the level of prostaglandins in the affected tissues and tissues of the nervous system decreases.
This medication blocks the generation and inhibits the conduction of pain impulse.
In case of a disease of the musculoskeletal system, the drug reduces morning stiffness, improves joint mobility, reduces the intensity of the inflammatory process and relieves pain.
The therapeutic effect of the drug begins after 24 minutes from the time of use and lasts for 24 hours.
In what cases to use?
The Arcoxia pill is used to treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which are accompanied by acute pain syndromes. Such diseases include the following types of arthritis:
• rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease of unknown aetiology characterized by asymmetrical lesion of cartilage and bone tissue.
• osteoarthritis (damage to the structure of the joint, changes in the tissues)
• acute gouty arthritis is a disease that occurs as a result of a violation of protein metabolism in the body. When gout increases the content of uric acid in the blood.
• ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic progressive disease that manifests itself as inflammation of the joints of the spine.
• chronic or acute myalgia is a pathology characterized by the presence of severe muscle pain. Also, it can often be accompanied by weakness and swelling.
The drug is taken orally. With regard to food intake, then in order to achieve the maximum effect of the drug, a patient should take the drug on an empty stomach. This contributes to the acceleration of the action of the drug and the exclusion of symptoms of the first degree of importance. Due to the increased risk of problems with the cardiovascular system, it is necessary to periodically review the treatment program, as well as to give preference to short courses of taking the drug, especially when using large doses and in the presence of osteoarthritis.
• with osteoarthritis: the daily intake of the drug is 30 mg. With insufficient drug effect, this dose can be increased to 60 mg per day. If there is no effect, you should consult with the doctor and change the treatment program.
• for rheumatoid arthritis: The daily Arcoxia dosage is 60 mg 1 time per day. In case of insufficiency or lack of a drug effect, an increase of up to 90 mg per day is allowed. When clinical stabilization is achieved, the dose should be reduced to 60 mg once a day.
• with ankylosing spondylitis: The daily dose should be 60 mg. With the insufficient weakening of the symptoms, the rate can be increased up to 90 mg to obtain the maximum drug effect. At the achievement of clinical stabilization of the patient, it is required to reduce to 60 mg 1 time per day.
• in case of acute pain, the symptomatic period is used only during the exacerbation.
• in acute gouty arthritis: The daily dose is 120 mg for eight days. One of the most striking evidence of the high therapeutic potential of this drug is the experience of its use for the treatment of gout. Since the elimination of microcrystalline arthritis, first of all, is associated not with analgesic, but with anti-inflammatory action
• with postoperative pain (after complex dental interventions): The maximum course of treatment is three days, 90 mg per day.
• in old age: The dose for patients of this age is not adjusted. However, during the course of this category you need to be under constant medical supervision and in case of any side effects, consult your doctor.
• liver dysfunction:
• do not exceed a daily dose of 30 mg with a light severity of the disease (5-6).
• with moderate severity (7-9), do not exceed the dose of the drug 30 mg 1 time per day.
• severe form eliminates the use of the drug.
When applying significantly overestimated doses, an overdose may occur in patients.
Overdose symptoms are:
• increased side effects of the drug,
• disorders of the cardiovascular system,
• increased swelling,
There is no specific antidote for the drug, therefore, in this case, symptomatic treatment is recommended